Samira Musah to serve on search committee for new Pratt School Dean
Pratt School Professor Stefan Zauscher will chair a 15-person committee that will conduct a search for the new Vinik Dean of the Pratt School of Engineering, President Vincent E. Price and Provost Sally Kornbluth have announced.
The new dean will succeed Ravi Bellamkonda, who was named provost at Emory University earlier this year. Jeffrey Glass, professor of electrical and computer engineering and Pratt’s senior associate dean for education and learning innovation, will serve as interim dean beginning July 1.
The president and provost charged the committee to conduct an international search looking both internally and externally to identify a diverse pool of candidates.
In addition to Zauscher, the other search committee members are:
- Matthew Becker, Hugo L. Blomquist Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Mark Borsuk, Associate Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Kenneth Brown, Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- August Burns, Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics
- Suzanne Gregory, Chair, Pratt School Board of Visitors
- Heileen Hsu-Kim, Sternberg Family Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Samirah Musah, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Michael Reiter, Professor of Computer Science
- Michael Rhodes, Member, Pratt School Board of Visitors
- Ann Saterbak, Professor of the Practice of Biomedical Engineering
- Christoph Schmidt, Hertha Sponer Distinguished Professor of Physics
- Tatiana Segura, Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Adrienne Stiff-Roberts, Jeffrey N. Vinik Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Lingchong You, Professor of Biomedical Engineering
The committee is staffed by Karen Kennea, Executive Assistant in the Office of Duke Kunshan University Relations, and will be assisted by Spencer Stuart, a national executive search firm.
The full position profile is available at https://provost.duke.edu/about/executive-searches. Members of the Duke community can submit nominations for and comments about the position via the search e-mail address: PrattDean@SpencerStuart.com. All submitted information will be confidential.
Zauscher to Chair Search Committee for New Pratt School Dean | Duke Today